Absorbable PDO Threads for Skin Rejuvenation
Port St Lucie
At Porcaro Cosmetic Surgery, placement of PDO absorbable Threads and Sutures represent another option for patients who want a natural result without surgery by adding volume, improving wrinkles and/or lifting your sagging skin.
PDO stands for Polydiaxanone, which is a synthetic absorbable suture material. PDO sutures have been used in cardiothoracic, plastic & gynecologic surgery for over 30 years and are one of the safest suture materials.
PDO sutures are flexible, come in various sizes and lengths and last for 4-6 months with improvement noted in the treatment areas for 9-12 months.
PDO sutures are “biorestimulative” because they stimulate your collagen production, the principal substance in your skin that is responsible for its youthfulness.
PDO sutures: Dr Porcaro will place these in a mesh pattern, like a #hashtag or a net, creating a scaffold, with improvement in your volume noted starting in about 2 weeks. This volume improvement is the result of your new collagen production the PDO suture initiates. PDO sutures result in improvement in the elasticity, thickness and quality of your skin.
Dr Porcaro can utilize PDO sutures to smooth out your wrinkles in the forehead, between your eyes, in your crow’s feet, smile lines, nasolabial folds, smokers lines, cheek lines, marionette folds, chin & your neck lines. PDO sutures are also very useful to help accentuate the delicate junction of your skin and your upper and lower lips.
PDO Barbed Threads, which have multiple tiny hooks that grab hold of the undersurface of your skin, result in immediate improvement by directly lifting and repositioning your skin. PDO Barbed Threads accomplish lifting and repositioning of your skin similar to the facial lifting many people desire as they look in a mirror.
Dr Porcaro can also use PDO Barbed Threads to elevate your droopy brow, cheeks, your jaw line and your droopy neck.
Other areas where PDO sutures and Threads have proven to be useful include: the breasts, abdomen, legs, knees and buttocks for rejuvenation, firming and reshaping. PDO sutures are also useful to smooth out wrinkles of the chest- the décolleté/cleavage area. Stretch marks on the breasts, abdomen, arms, legs and buttocks as well as irregularities after liposuction have also been improved with PDO sutures and PDO Threads.
Key Benefits of PDO Sutures/Threads by Dr John L. Porcaro:
- Noninvasive, easily performed in-office procedure
- Takes 30 minutes or less
- Improves your skin quality, texture and wrinkles
- Can be used preventively
- Works by directly stimulating collagen
- Barbed Threads result in immediate lifting
- FDA approved
- Local anesthesia only
- Side effects are mild and recovery time is short
- Safe; no systemic complications.
- Over 30 year experience with PDO suture material
- Barbed sutures have no fixation “points” and are fixed within the treated tissue
- Results lasts from 6-12 months
Other considerations of PDO Sutures/Threads by Dr John L. Porcaro:
- Fillers such as- Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse & Sculptra can be injected in the same areas where PDO Sutures/Threads are placed as soon as 2-3 weeks after placement of PDO Threads
- Possible side effects include bruising, irregularity, visibility of threads, extrusion or infection