Port St. Lucie
Dr Porcaro is pleased to be one of the first physicians on the Treasure Coast to offer you Kybella!
Kybella is indicated for the nonsurgical treatment of fat deposits under the chin- the submental region- also referred to as the “double chin”.
Fat deposits under the chin can be associated with aging, your genetic pattern and gaining weight. Despite diet and exercise, the fat may not go away and can make you look older than your actual age. 68% of people said they are bothered by submental fullness, according to a survey conducted by The American Society of Dermatologic Surgery. Clearly, this is a common problem area for both men and women.
Kybella contours and improves the appearance of the fat under your chin and is the only injectable product that has been shown to reduce fat under the chin. Your fat begins to dissolve 15 minutes after your injections & once you complete your treatment, your fat is not expected to recur!
The active ingredient in Kybella, deoxycholic acid, is a naturally occurring molecule already present in our digestive bile, helping us break down and eliminate fats we eat. Deoxycholic acid has been used for many years in Mesotherapy and Lipodissolve to treat stubborn areas of fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise.
Kybella, synthetic deoxycholic acid, received FDA approval in June 2015 after scientific studies involving over one thousand patients convincingly showed that deoxycholic acid was safe and effective in treating moderate to severe fullness caused by fat deposits under the chin in adults.
79% of patients treated with Kybella reported satisfaction with the appearance of their face and chin after completing the treatments. Patients reported improvement in self- perception, including feeling happier and younger, based on the chin profile, as well as feeling less embarrassed, less self conscious, less overweight and less bothered with submental fullness after being treated with Kybella.
Kybella injections dissolve fat deposits and require a series of treatments, typically no less than 1 month apart. Depending on the amount of fat under your chin, you may need from 2-6 treatment sessions.
Kybella treatment enables you to have a more balanced appearance with an improved chin profile. Kybella also complements the anti- aging effects of neurotonins (Botox and Dysport) and fillers (Restylane, Restylane Lyft, Juvederm UltraPlus and and Juvederm Voluma) as well as Sculptra.
- Dr Porcaro will perform a history and physical exam to determine if Kybella is right for you
- You will take a single Motrin ½ hour before the injections; no sedation or topical anesthetic is needed
- Dr Porcaro will mark your area to be treated and perform the injections, which take about 5 minutes
- You will apply ice immediately after injections
- You will return in about 1 month for additional injections
- Quick, in office procedure
- Satisfactorily treats submental fat- the “double chin” in most patients
- High patient satisfaction
- May avoid the need for surgery in some patients
- Permanently removes fat in the treatment area
- Complements Fillers and Botox
- Creates more balance to your face and neck
- Minimal discomfort is experienced immediately after the treatment
- Swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness and areas of hardness can occur in the treatment area
- Swelling may last several weeks
- Not a substitute for face lift surgery in patients who need this surgical procedure
- Men usually require 3 sessions while most women need 2 sessions
- Not indicated for women who are pregnant or nursing
- Not FDA approved to treat fat in other areas