Cosmetic Surgery Safety
Port St. Lucie
At Porcaro Cosmetic Surgery, your safety is our number one priority. To make sure that we do everything possible to maintain your safety, we have formalized our steps into The Porcaro Cosmetic Surgery Patient Safety Program, which includes these elements:
- We ask you to describe in detail any medical problems, medications you take, and your previous surgeries. This allows us to understand any special needs you may have.
- You are carefully evaluated before your procedure by Dr. Porcaro
- We send anyone with questionable or known medical problems to see a primary care physician or any necessary specialists prior to recommending surgery.
- Since all of our surgical patients have been deemed to be good candidates, it has proven to be quite safe for you to recovery at home, under Dr. Porcaro’s watchful eye.
- We uphold the strictest hiring and educational criteria in our nursing staff to make certain you are well cared for by qualified staff before, during, and after your procedures.
- To ensure our facility remains in compliance with State and National Safety Standards, we voluntarily employ the services of Universal Healthcare Consulting. This risk management company has done on site monitoring of our facility and training of our staff on a quarterly basis since September 2007.
- We perform your procedure in our state-of-the-art surgery center, which is fully certified by AAAHC to assure the highest standards in your care, medications, sterility, lighting, and equipment.
- We have the most modern monitoring and life-saving equipment on site.
- We maintain a binding transfer agreement with St Lucie Medical Center, should there be a need for hospital care following a procedure.
- We provide detailed pre and post-operative teaching with written instructions to you, so you know what to expect and following your procedure.
- We have 24 hour physician coverage by Dr. Porcaro for any questions or any concerns you may have.
- You will receive a call from Dr Porcaro the evening of your procedure and you will have unlimited access to your surgeon thought out your recovery.
- We carefully monitor your recovery, and work hard to speed you toward a safe and satisfying result.
The Porcaro Cosmetic Surgery Patient Safety Program involves our patients, surgeon, nurses, staff, and patient families or other caregivers all working together toward a common goal: Assuring the safest possible surgical experience.